Friday, December 01, 2006

Disaster Strikes The Tired Driver

OK, well here's a blog entry! Today, while half asleep, I managed to access my Libsyn site via an FTP that I rarely use because my usual FTP device was being weird. However, I was trying to get into my website (oneamongthesleepless.com), not my Libsyn site. Now if this is all sounding boring and nonsensical, let me rewrite this in English...

I accidentally went into the place where I store my podcasts online.

Then, when I got there, I thought (I stress again that i was half asleep) 'what's all this stuff?' and don't ask my why, but I then thought, (add Homer Simpson voice) 'Stupid crap, what's this doing in my homepage?'. I then proceeded to delete about two thirds of it before I noticed exactly where I was. Then, Homer-like, I shrieked aloud. Too late. It was all deleted. So if you tried to download episodes 2, 4, 5, or 6 today, you may have had some problems. Sorry about that. I was really pissed off to see that all my podcast pickle stats are nuked: my libsyn stats are nuked, and my files now have different names. Terrific. I'll try and mend what I can, but it'll never be quite the same as it was before.

The moral of this story is, don't drive - or mess with FTPs and website files when you're half asleep. Doh!

No comments: