Saturday, December 23, 2006

Oh Brilliant! So I noticed that gaffe on ep 9 last night at about 2 am, I was consequently up till 4 am fixing it and uploading the fixed version. I didn't have time to listen to the complete thing, just the bit that had the mistake. Now, the mistake was, in my opinion, significant to the story. It was important that it be fixed and it is fixed. Good.
So we left Dublin this afternoon to come and spend Crimbo down here in Wexford in the south of Ireland with various branches of my wife's family tree. I'm on the bus and I decide to listen to the 'fixed' version of ep 9 that I uploaded at 4am this morning. What do I hear about two-thirds of the way through? A mistake! OK, this is only a typo, a flubbed line, but for Christ's sake! What I've done - I realize - is fix an early mix with the flubbed line that, ironically, is repaired in the first version of ep 9 that made it online.
Now what this means is that, since I can't get back to Dublin for a week or so, I can't fix it. So you have a choice of the episode 9 that was there - the one with a genuine error in it; or the one that's now - the one with a flubbed line. Of course, if you're a real enthusiast, you could have both and just rename them so they sit differently. But if I were you, I'd go with the one that's there now. My wife thinks I'm mental because I actually give a s***. She says I should just forget it. I think she's right, the problem is... I am mental.
(Sigh), oh forget it. I'm just sharing my madness with you... and I don't want anyone emailing me and saying 'Oh, Mike, actually you've flubbed a line...'

(Update January 20th 2007: all errors and flubbed lines etc are now fixed and #9 is as it should be)

No comments: