Thursday, June 28, 2007


Episode 33: Mission Accomplished

Episode 33 brings One Among the Sleepless to a close. It took ages to record, my sound files were so big they kept crashing during the recording and editing process as they ate up more and more drive space. The finished thing, though only about 45 minutes in length, took absolutely forever to record. And of course, it isn't perfect, but then could it ever be? Some little bit would always be not-quite-right, and if I went on tweaking it over and over again, I'd never get it up (pun unintentional but nevertheless making me smile).

I hope you enjoy it and that you'll keep in touch with my ongoing output. As I say on #33, that future output - for the time being at least, will be via The Bonus Track. I have many plans for this show, including - most importantly - my short story collection. So if you aren't subscribed to The Bonus Track yet, you can do so right here, right now, just click the iTunes icon if you have iTunes, if not copy the RSS feed into your podcatcher gizmo:

add-itunes.gif add-rss.gif

Of course there's always Podshow's own device 'get it', but I've had some emails from people who've been finding that a tad confusing. Basically, you need to start a Podshow profile for yourself and then click 'get it'.

If you go to my own Bonus Track page there's also a Podcast Alley option you might want to try.

I have no plans to do a 'Q and A' episode as some podcasters do. I prefer to live things as they are and not interfere with the reader / listener's perception of things. But if you have a non plot-related question about OAtS you'd like to ask me, please send it in to me via my homepage and I'll try and answer it on The Bonus Track.

For now though, I have to go. A man is coming to repair the toilet in our new flat (and not because of anything we put down it).

Cheers
Mike

P.S. Don't stop checking in on this blog, I will write more about OAtS #33 soon (post-plumbing problem) and of course, I'll be writing about what I'm doing with The Bonus Track.

2 comments:

Cactusnic said...

I beg to differ Mike. That was pretty near perfection from where I am sitting.

Thanks you for such a roller coaster podcast novel thing.It is right at the top of my "most recommended".
Brill, brill, brill

Mike Bennett said...

Thanks, Nick.
I really appreciate it and I'm beyond delighted that you enjoyed it. I'm going to take a bit of time off to engage with reality and phone a good surgeon to get my guts sewn up properly. Then it's back to the laptop to get to work on the Bonus Track #2 and my second novel.
Here's hoping it'll be a good one :-)
Cheers
Mike