Saturday, November 18, 2006


I Was A Teenage Numanoid

In Episode 4, we learn that Wayne is what used to be called a ‘Numanoid’, that being a fan of British synth-rock pioneer, Gary Numan. The reason that Ellen is so familiar with Numan’s videos is because I have the video in question, ‘New Man, Numan’, which was released by Palace video yonks ago. I got it in a charity shop; I was thrilled. I ran home and played it endlessly, much to the annoyance of my wife. I then grabbed my copy of ‘I Die You Die’ waved it at her and said...

Well, actually this last bit didn’t happen. But I’d just like to state that I’m with Wayne on this one: Gary Numan, from 1979 – 1981, ruled my world. And ‘Replicas’ is one of the best records ever made by anybody, at any time, anywhere... in my humble opinion.

Oh, and a big hello to 'Country Girl'. Thanks for the comment, it was great to hear from you again. Tell that old man of yours he owes me an email.


No comments: