Thursday, November 23, 2006



Episode 5: Live and Ugly

So, episode 5 is live and ugly. It took ages to do that scene outside Gaz's house, but I think it was worth it in the end. The worst thing in this one for me was when I realised I'd misread a word. I'd said 'physically undressed' when I'd written and intended, 'Psychically undressed'. Unfortunately I didn't notice until I was on the verge of posting it. Arggg! I had to take apart all the music bits and the vocal bits and then graft a SINGLE word onto the finished thing. Now for some of the more technically proficient among you, this wouldn't be difficult, but for me it was a 'mare. I use different programs for different processes and, well, let's say it was an assault course. However, it was , I think you'll agree, necessary: 'physically' and 'psychically' look similar on the page, but the buttons they push in our heads are hugely different. It's like the difference between ordering a bowl of spaghetti bolognese and a pig's head. If you intend one and somehow manage to communicate the other... well, it's confusing for everybody.

What else? I just bought a new microphone. It looks very cool, but I'm not sure yet how cool it actually is. I'm fiddling about with settings and stuff and trying to get the best out of it without actually reading any technobabble online about hertz and megahertz (have I even spelled that right?) For my lazy sins I'll probably end up sounding like a drunk dalek. That'll teach me.

No comments: