Tuesday, November 14, 2006




Episode 4

So, after last week's farce, I wanted to get a guaranteed no-hassle upload, and if there was going to any bother, I wanted to deal with it before Wednesday - not during and after. Fortunately, #4 went up without a hitch and is available now.

Yes, I know I should find a day and stick to it: going out regularly, like a favourite TV or radio show, but these things take time to find their groove. When I find a time that really suits me, I'll settle into it. I aim to be up between 23.00 Tuesday and 23.00 Wednesday (GMT), ideally Wednesday morning UK / Ireland time.

Yesterday, my former band mate, Chris Hurst, sent me a piece of music he recorded a few years ago as, 'Lost Dog', called 'Disturbance'. I love it; a subtle sense of menace: the ticking clock, a child's sinister clockwork toy, and then the relentless 12-bar riff. I've tweaked it a bit for use in the podcast; you can hear it on the outtro, and will from now on.

It's nice really. All the music on the podcast comes from my old bandmates: we used to be in a band called The Premonitions. We rocked (well rocked-ish) Windsor and Slough in the late 80's and early 90's. We're still all good mates and whenever we get together we talk about doing a gig again. Although, outside of our wives and girlfriends, I can't think who else would want to come and see us.
Besides Chris, who played the guitar, there's Steve Chapman (bass), he's now living in Westport, Ireland, and playing in an on-going and ever-changing project called 'Blahfishend'. He provided the opening piece of music, 'Bitch', which you can download (if he's got his act together) from www.myspace.com/blahfishend
And then there's Luc Woods, who played the drums and was, for a time at least, known by the sobriquet, 'Zero Pilot'. He gave me the dreamy background piece and the various music for the scene sigues.

Spot Brighton
Brighton-spotters don't have much to go on here: Richardson and West doesn't exist. It's a mish-mash of various 'kill-me-now' data entry temp jobs I had in the nineties. As for Wayne and Lucy's house, I can't say yet. I've given no clues in the text, and shan't spill any beans here either.

OK, time to go to bed. This has been fun; I really must do a kind of back-blog and write comments on previous episodes.

Cheers, for now.

Mike

1 comment:

Country Girl Corner said...

Hi Mike
Just thought you might like to know that at least someone is actually reading your blog...
I have also read the book and thought it was fantastic, I'll have to work out how to do those pod-cast things but at least I know how the book ends so if you don't manage to get any more uploaded.......

I also enjoyed the tales from 'the village up the hill'

say hello to Pauline

cheers from mrs d de m in slough
http://countrygirlcorner.blogspot.com