Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hi, Mike here

If you're here reading this then youprobably came via my website, which you went to to get 'Episode 3' and found you couldn't. Well you're not alone. Neither can I.
I've uploaded it to Libsyn, deleted it, uploaded it again... still nothing. I'm now waiting for the guys at libsyn to get back to me with some kind of solution to the problem.

If anyone has any practical notions on why the hell 'Episode 3' won't download, I'd love to hear them. itunes suggest the file may be corrupted. What the hell does that mean? Is it taking backhanders from The Mob? Is it defective? If so, why? Argh!

What can I do? I can, and am going to carry on recording. 'Episode 4' is going into production today.
Please bear with me while this thing gets sorted out. I'm powerless to change anything at my end and can only wait for Libsyn to come back to me.

If necessary, I will move the location of the Podcast to another server, but I obviously hope that won't be necessary.

In the meantime, keep the faith, I'm not going to let anybody down and abandon this project; I will get the rest of this book up and online soon. When, where and how remains to be seen, but keep tuned into this blog for details. If you need to hear more One Among The Sleepless before then, why not listen to '1' and '2' again? You can't get too much of a good thing, can you?
OK, maybe too much whisky might be a problem. And cigarettes, heroin, chocolate cake, sunlight... in fact when you come to think of it, maybe the problematic good things are many. But hey, 'One Among The Sleepless' isn't one of them (at least until you get to Chpter 14, then things start to carry a health warning).

No comments: