Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Story

So I'm currently doing three things: re-writing and editing the text of the next Hall of Mirrors story; filling in an application form for a course I want to go on (so many damn details - I can barely remember my name, let alone my the addresses and whatnot of various employers and institutions I've attended) and also, I'm trying to write a story for the HoM for Christmas.

However, this is proving tricky, as the characters keep rebelling against my plans for them. Writing wisdom dictates that when this happens, you have to give up trying to control the characters and let them go where they go, say what they say and do what they want to do. But writing wisdom doesn't have a Christmas deadline banging on its door. If I'm to get this story podcast by Christmas, I have to start it next week. So right now, it's looking like it's going to be a 2008 offering. Drat! Still, I'll do my best, listeners.

No comments: