Tuesday, March 20, 2007


Episode 22: Aaaargh! Two women of the same age from the same part of the same country and of the same class hell!
It happens all the time, every day, people of the same gender, age and class meet in pubs and have conversations. On the printed page it's all so obvious, but on a podcast, one man trying to be one woman is tough, but trying to get two women to talk together is hell. I considered giving one of them a headcold to make a difference, but that's just opening up a fresh can of editorial worms. Arse! Oh, it'll just have to do, I'm halfway through the edit and I want to rewrite things so a bomb goes off in the pub and kills the pair of them. The end.

In other news, Howling Bells are playing in Dublin tonight and I really want to go, but at the same time it's a cold day and it's a long walk and I've seen ten thousand gigs so why do I want to see another one? It's just interminable waits at the bar, a bad view of the stage and tinnitus for the next 24 hours. Yeah, but I still want to go. Ohhhhhhh, Arse!

No comments: