Sunday, September 28, 2008


Back from Holidays

So we just got back from a week at our house in Spain. We bought it a few years back; We moved out lock, stock and barrel with the idea of starting a school. However things didn't work out. We gave it six months before lack of income (zero income) forced us to return to Dublin (and the podcasting of One Among the Sleepless).

This time I took my laptop and started writing as soon as we arrived. I find the sunshine and change of environment very stimulating. And then, just to take things to a whole new level of stimulation, we went to Marbella for a few days to a lovely apartment that overlooks the beach... which was nice.

My wife spent most of her days relaxing around the poolside. I spent most of mine slaving over a hot laptop. The above picture was taken after an all-day session that resulted in 4 and a half thousand words. Novel 2 is now almost finished in its first draft. I've taken another week off work to sit in our brown apartment in Dublin and hopefully push it all the way to the end. And then I can go back to the beginning and start the re-writes, of which I know there'll be many... and then some.

No comments: